Laughter Yoga

Posted by Samantha Clarke | Under:

They say laughter is the best medicine and that it is tied to our overall health and well-being. I don't know all the scientific details, but I LOVE to laugh. It's part of the reason why I refuse to watch horror movies. The other part is that I am a scaredy-cat. Ha! I learned a whole lot more when I shot a laughter yoga class a few weeks ago. Laughter yoga is a series of fun moving and breathing exercises that invite laughter so it was an absolute no-brainer when John contacted me to shoot his group. I checked laughteryoga.ca and found that it's not only fun but the benefits to the exercises are it:


Boosts the immune system
Decreases blood pressure
Relieves muscular tension and emotional and mental stress
Helps with pain management
Provides aerobic exercise for the whole body
Improves breathing
Stimulates digestion and internal organs
Oxygenates blood and brain making one feel alert and energetic


Pretty impressive! John is an amazing certified Laughter Yoga Leader in Windsor, Ontario. He led the hour long session with ease and hardly any pauses between the knee-slapping, bent-over, belly-clenching laughter. I'm serious! There were no pauses in the guffaws and as a result I could barely contain my own laughter as the group carried out their exercises.











Click HERE to check out more from John's Laughter Yoga class!

0 COMMENTS:

Post a Comment

Thank-you for visiting my photography blog! Feel free to leave your comments below. They absolutely make my day!

xo,
Samantha

This is a HowJoyful Design | © 2010 All Rights Reserved by Samantha Clarke

Back to TOP